WHO WE ARE
The Black Lives Matter 5280 Freedom School teaches k-5 students to become racially literate and civically-minded by centering Black knowledge, people, and principles to dismantle oppressive systems and liberate ourselves and transform the world.
The Black Lives Matter 5280 Freedom School is where Black people are loved, valued, safe, and free to be themselves, and students become leaders for social change.
1. Agree this is a space for Black people, Indigenous people, and people of Color to love each other and build towards our liberation.
2. Agree this is a space that centers Black women, Black LGBTQIA*, and Black femmes.
3. Agree to be aware of the space that we have traditionally taken and try something new.
4. Agree not to hog the mic.
5. Agree to listen actively.
6. Agree to check our power, privilege, and fragility.
7. Agree to love ourselves and others.
8. Agree to be accountable for what we do.
9. Agree to struggle against racism, sexism, classism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism, ableism, misogyny, and other harmful systems.
10. Agree to handle conflicts with love and respect without calling the police.
11. Agree that our gifts bring value to this space and receive the gifts that this space offers us.